Thursday, August 30, 2007

What a Difference a Year Makes

Ryan and I are about to fly to Montana for the weekend to celebrate my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. This Labor Day weekend also happens to be our first anniversary. There's something cool about a weekend of celebrations that are rooted in the same event but during different time periods. I'm looking forward to catching up with my family and listening to my grandparents talk about their married lives.

In reflection of our own anniversary, I started browsing through our wedding pictures with the intention of creating a cool blog entry. I decided to only use the group photo because we loved hanging out with our bi-coastal crew. Can you find yourself in this picture?

"They" say that the first year of marriage is the hardest. I'm assuming that this is because most people start living with their new spouse and adjusting to the ways and patterns of another person. Since we've lived together for nearly 6 years (5 before marriage) that change was not an issue for us. The reason our first year was tough was because of law school, the bar exam, and the insecurity that comes with one partner not earning any money and trying to find the right path. In other words, I caused all the disruptions this year. That being said, we also had lots of good times - traveling to Mexico, surfing, visiting our families, going to music shows, and camping for the first time in two years. All-in-all, the vow "for better or for worse" really hasn't been tested this year, but we've spent a little time practicing for when the moment comes.

Anyhoo, I promise to post cool photos of our trip to Big Sky Country. In the meantime, we hope you all enjoy the holiday weekend!

No comments: