Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hannah, Chris, and Ava's Big Trip

Many of you know Hannah, Ryan's cousin. She's one of my best friends and the reason Ryan and I are together. For those that don't know, Hannah and I played flag football together in college, and Hannah's family took me in for holidays and long weekends. Thanks to Hannah's persistence and my love of free drinks, Ryan and I met, fell in love, and the rest is history.

Anyway, Hannah, her husband Chris, and daughter Ava, lived in Bend, Oregon, until a year-and-a-half ago when the family returned to Hannah's hometown outside Montpelier, Vermont. We were lucky enough to spend a little time with them while they visited the Emerald City this weekend. As a super adorable two-year old, Ava was the star of the show when it comes to pictures, but we managed to get some group photos in at the airport.




The next stop for the Yorra/Thier family is Anchorage, Alaska, where they'll visit friends and make a trip to Denali National Park before flying south to Bend to visit some former neighbors. While we know that they are happy in Vermont, we really miss having them close enough for weekend visits. I guess Ryan will just have to make millions so that we can buy an amazing vacation house and charter a private jet to carry our friends and family to us! I'd take on the duty of making millions myself, but recent law school graduates with an interest in policy/social justice work can only make so much after paying off the school debt (a.k.a. the "mortgage without a house"). What d'ya say, Ryan?

1 comment:

VT said...

Hey Darc and Ryan, love the blog, and all the fun pics and insightful witty commentary!!! Keep it coming....we had a wonderful visit with you guys, hope all is well
Love Hannah, Chris and Ava