Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Soma's First Sprinkler Experience

Hi guys, Darcy again (I am procrastinating--can you tell?)

So, you may heard that the west is in a major heat wave. Eastern Washington is routinely hitting triple digit temperatures and wildfires are raging. Seattle has not escaped the heat but a heat wave for Seattle is more like a regular summer day anywhere else. Today temperatures hit the mid-90s, and I went over to my friend's house to study. Like a good mother, I brought Soma along and let him play in the shade of the yard. Soma also got his first sprinkler experience, which was hilarious.

A little uneasy at first, Soma checks out the strange contraption that is spraying water in his face.


Now he gets it...


Feeling more confident, Soma heads directly for the sprinkler for maximum water exposure.

On a side note, if you didn't know that he was playing in a spray of water, don't you think Soma looks vicious in the second photograph? If only we had Photoshop, I could take his crazy looking face, blow it up on a large photo, and make my own "Beware of Dog" signs and make millions.

OK, it's time for me to return to my studies. Maybe I'll post pictures of Soma swimming in the lake tomorrow. Geez, I can't wait for the afternoon of July 26th...

Peace out

No comments: