Monday, April 5, 2010

Darcy's Quirky Pregnancy Observation #491

Tonight, I had my first experience where someone who hasn't seen me in a while immediately recognized that I was pregnant just by looking at me. I know this sounds like a little thing, but I was so excited. Not because pregnancy is some wonderful thing that I want to share with the world, but because I was relieved that someone viewed me as pregnant before thinking I was fat.

I'm not thrilled about having an obviously pregnant belly for all to see. I would much rather blend into the crowd and have to call in sick one day when I'm in labor. Call me crazy, but I would prefer to be one of those women on the TLC show "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" who have no belly or symptoms of any kind and end up having babies in odd circumstances, usually in the toilet. To be clear, I would want to know the entire time that I was pregnant, but I just wouldn't want it to show or attract attention. On the other hand, I think it would be even worse to be one of those pregnant women who look like they've binged on pizza and Ho Hos for 9 months instead of gestating a little human. So, I guess being obviously pregnant is an acceptable middle ground.

Am I a bad person? Maybe. Will I be a bad mother given my twisted mindset? Probably. But I take the small victories when I find them.

Oh, and I'll take a picture of the belly soon, but it's late and I'm already in sweatpants and lying in bed. For now, your imagination will have to suffice.

Peace!

P.S. Duke can suck it.

No comments: