Monday, October 26, 2009

The Best Holiday Ever Made!

I love Halloween. While many people around the world find great joy in the holiday, I think I'm a little more dedicated than the average fan. Ryan likes Halloween, but he had to take some serious steps to curb my enthusiasm. For example, he put a moratorium on Halloween decorating before October 1st. He also leaves virtually all of the decorating to me so that I won't go overboard -- as if there is such a thing!

Halloween rocks my world because it's the one day of the year that has no limits or expectations. You can do almost anything you want, and the weirder it is the better. Grown ups can act like kids. Homes that are usually warm and welcoming can creepy or scary. Kids in costume get to rebel from showing elders respect by demanding candy or else. In a word, Halloween is just plain cool.

This weekend, I entered what I call "Phase 2" of my Halloween decorating. I constructed a ghost sculpture that I found on Martha Stewart's website.


Meet the newest member of the Nonerick family, Stewart.

We will have lots of photos from our Halloween this year. We have an donut party and a costume party. What are our costumes? Ryan is going as Billy Mays, and I'm going as Tippi Hedren from "The Birds."

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Excellent ghost pumpkin! Is he rising up from the RIP headstone? Can't wait to stop by and see the whole effect. I love your enthusiasm for this holiday.