Monday, April 6, 2009

She's a maniac! Maniac! I know-o...

As of last week, my life began to return to normal. I worked (mostly) 9-5 days and came home with energy left over from my day. I turned my attention back to the garden, and thanks to Ryan's amazing help, we've completely renovated our front garden.

I didn't get a good "before" picture (sorry, Amy!), but I found this photo that was taken when Ryan's folks came to visit in January. The focus of our garden reno was the overgrown mass of shrubs and juniper on the right hand side.


You may not be able to tell from this picture, but the garden was completely overgrown and overwhelming.


Ryan unloading dirt after a trip to our favorite place, Pacific Topsoil, which allows you to dump your garden waste and pick up soil in one stop!


The new garden!
We kept the conifer on the right but trimmed it significantly.
Once we get a few more plants and the garden is established, it should look like a natural woodland garden with a few wild and not-so-wild flowers!


And in the rest of the garden...

On top of our garage (a future deck with table and chairs), I put an Evergreen Clematis in a big container with plenty of room to climb.


Loads of blossoms in our tree just waiting to burst.
The 70-degree days we've been having caused this tree to explode. Pictures to follow very soon!


Camellia in full bloom!

No comments: