Saturday, June 16, 2007

Bar Exam=Good Times

As you may know, I'm in the middle of preparing for the Washington bar exam. Overall, I'm very lucky because the Washington Bar is very pass-able (about 75% of those who take the exam pass) and my future employment does not depend on passing the Bar. The exam is a 2.5 day affair with 19 essays in the first two days and another half-a-day of essays about the professional ethics rules for attorneys.

For those who need a visual representation of my study protocol:

Awake, alert, and ready to tackle criminal procedure!



D'oh!

Okay, okay, the pictures are staged, but you get the point. I'm still exercising 3-5 days a week, but nutrition and hygiene have taken a backseat. Studying for the bar isn't hard, it's just a lot of work because you have to memorize 17 different subjects and endlessly practice writing essays. The main problem is my lack of motivation. Summer is starting, which means great weather, loads of sun, and lots of opportunity for hiking, gardening, and other distractions. Regardless, I only want to do this once...

To those I know and love: I apologize in advance for being cranky, aloof, and distracted--life returns to normal after July 26.

No comments: