Friday, June 8, 2007

Another Band to Check Out...

Hi all,

Last year I started listening to the band, The Black Keys. The band consists of two guys, Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney, from Akron, Ohio. Ryan and I had tickets to see their show in Seattle last September. Unfortunately, the show was two days after our wedding and we were too exhausted to go--missing that show was the major regret of last year!!! Check out a video of a live performance:



If the screen above doesn't work, try Fabchannel.com

You may recognize some of there music from commercials. A band has to make a living like anyone else, but I have to admit that I get a little sad when I hear there songs on a Mazda commercial.

Some critics compare The Black Keys to the White Stripes, another band that I really like. To me, The Black Keys are a little more blues-grounded. The record label that represents The Black Keys is Fat Possum Records , which also represents some great bands/artists like Dinosaur Jr., T Model Ford, and R.L. Burnside. My friend, Miriam Rosenberg, who knows more about music than anyone, told me about Fat Possum a year or so ago. Fat Possum is based out of Oxford, Mississippi, and has a strong history and focus on preserving and recording Mississippi blues artists. I hope you enjoy The Black Keys and Fat Possum Records as much as I do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool tune, although when I look at the lead singer sporting the Jesus beard I can't help but think of the Jason Lee character from "Almost Famous."

Anonymous said...

Great work.