Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

Ryan and I have been working like crazy. Ryan is pushing to get a software program ready for the iPad release later this month. I'm balancing the legislative session, a new role with our national office working on water quality issues, and trying to maintain my other work responsibilities.

This afternoon, I took 10 minutes to walk around my garden and take pictures of the early spring blooms. This winter has been unusually warm -- in fact the state is preparing for a possible drought emergency this summer. Flowers that usually bloom in March bloomed in late January or early February. I'm getting excited to move plants around and see what my garden does this year!

Periwinkle in my woodland shade garden.


Hyacinth close up.


Camelia explosion!


Forsythia -- a little piece of sunshine in winter!


Tulips in a pot.
What color do you think they will be?


Pot with red twigged dogwood and pansies.
In Seattle, pansies bloom year round, so this was my holiday themed pot.


Sunset through our blooming tree (not sure what type of tree it is yet!).

1 comment:

Amy WK said...

Need plants? You know where to get 'em! Your place is looking so great. I think one of the most rewarding parts of gardening is seeing the plants come up each spring bigger than last year! Love the photos.