Saturday, April 12, 2008

Not a bad office view...

Most people get excited when they encounter celebrities like Brad Pitt or Halle Berry. Me? I get excited about the view from my office. I work in Fisherman's Terminal, a hub for commercial fishing boats. This week, I looked out my window and saw two boats from the Discovery Channel show, The Deadliest Catch. The boats were The Wizard and Time Bandit. Here's a picture:

The Wizard is the boat in front and the Time Bandit is docked behind it.

How is it that a vegetarian who doesn't even eat fish gets starry-eyed when she sees two boats from a show about crabbing? Who knows... I guess it's because I respect people who work hard and have to adapt to Mother Nature. It's also cool to think about where the fish and seafood come from when walking around Pike Place Market or other Seattle landmarks.

No comments: